High level timeline and approach (Update)
The high-level timeline was last updated in July 2020, and as the project has progressed our approach and timeline has adapted in response. Here are some of the driving reasons behind this:
- The decision to build the site as a headless CMS changed the build approach. This affected the timings, but also means the W3C systems team can work alongside us on the front-end app integration, to share knowledge and speed up this phase of development.
- Some areas of complex content have required input from a wider group of stakeholders in W3C, such as the TR listing page. This has required more time to review and respond to feedback on both sides.
- Some areas of complex interaction, such as the header, have taken additional time to research best practice, design and specify, and agree with the W3C team.
The revised timeline and approach starts in January 2021 for ease of readability. The previous version can be accessed on the link above, any changes to this version will be kept via a change log.
There is a visual version that can be seen on whimsical and a textual version below.
January - February 2021
- Header area
- Listing, post and event page templates finalised
- TR listing page
- Account pages and sign-in/register flow and wireframes
- Group pages (user interaction improvement recommendations)
January - April 2021
- HTML / CSS build (January to February - Studio 24)
- First round of browser, device and accessibility testing and bug fixing (February - Studio 24 and Zoonou)
- Front-end application build (January to February - Studio 24, W3C)
- CMS set-up and configuration (January to February - Studio 24)
- Hosting environment set up (February - W3C)
- Front-end app integration (March - Studio 24, W3C)
- Content entry (March to May - W3C)
- Second round of browser, device and accessibility and performance testing and bug fixing (April - Studio 24, Zoonou and the Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC))
- Private beta release (mid-April)
- W3C AC meeting (26 & 27 April - W3C)
April to May 2021
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by W3C and bug fixing (April to May - Studio 24, W3C)
- W3C app integration and content migration (April to May - W3C)
- Site approval (mid-May - W3C)
end of May 2021